Monday, December 14, 2009

What a great weekend

IMG_0541

I don’t think Lisa and I have ever done a weekend like this. Three days of events with a lot of fun times throw into the mix. We started by setting up at the Thy Will Be Done art show. I have never done a gallery showing but after this I really want to do more. The leather panels looked awesome in the frames and Dad’s piece  received a lot of attention. We met some of the coolest people and it was great to be able to hang out with Jeff Cochran, Lisa and Kurt Taylor, Hot Dog, Tarrera, Buckwild and Big Iron Joe. Trevelen couldn’t make it but his work was amazing. I was honored to be attached to that caliber of talent in the room. It was really cool to see SugarBear and Fuji the next night, along with Irish Rich and so many more, not to mention we finally got to meet Jesse James. Big thanks to all of our friends that came out in the pouring rain to support us, it means a lot!

 

IMG_0805 

From there, we headed to Ventura with Wes D. to get our room. Got to spend three hours of down time before we had to get up for the David Mann show. Thank God the rain finally stopped and the bike show was amazing. We love this event! Big thanks to the Biltwell crew for bringing our whole booth set up and the bike, without them , this weekend would of been really tough to pull off.

I will post some pictures soon but I can say that I did get the first place trophy for the metric class. I am stoked!

On a side note, we would like to thank everyone for your ongoing support for DB Custom Leather. It blows our minds daily that we have some many great friends in our lives. It is baffling to me how many people that we get to meet at shows that have been following my work. I am humbled and amazed. Thank you very much for your kind words and support.

Both of us are tired and beat but would do it again in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment