Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Copper Chopper Finished

2

When Paul Yaffe called and asked me to make the seat for the Copper Chopper I was pretty excited. Even though I was born in Florida I grew up in Arizona from the age of five on. I consider it my home state. The copper bike was built as a rolling tribute to the state as it celebrates its centennial. Five dollar lottery tickets will be sold while it’s on tour and one lucky person will win an incredible bike. You can get info on you to buy  tickets here. You can see more pictures of the completed bike here. The detail put into it is amazing. Things like the seven hundred hand made stainless rivets with copper centers for example. I’m looking forward to seeing it in person. Click on the pictures to see them in full size.  Thanks again Paul! 

1

4

3

5

1 comment:

  1. Love it just Love it!! I'm right into Steampunk currently....which uses quite a bit of copper/brass/steel in the workings. Was thinking of doing my bike Copper and Brass but you Guys HAVE done the Copper thing and it really does look SWISH or to put it another way SNAZZIE!! AND of course the seat looks like the BEST as always!!

    ReplyDelete